- 8 cups of chicken broth
- About 8 small celery sticks chopped up
- 3 small sweet onions chopped
- 3 tablespoons of garlic
- 1 cup of baby bella mushrooms, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 dove breasts, cut into small bite sized pieces
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of water
- Chopped parsley
1. Boil the chicken broth with the celery, onions, garlic, mushrooms, and salt and pepper until it starts to come to a boil.
2. Add in the chopped dove breasts and simmer until they are tender. About 10-15 minutes.
3. While the dove is simmering, you can prepare your dumplings. Once you feel like dove is cooked enough use a slitted spoon to take out dove and set it aside.
4. Lightly flour a work surface. Mix water and flour into a ball. You may need to add more water or flour to get the right consistency. You want the dough to not be runny or too sticky.
5. Flour your rolling pin and roll the dough out into a thin rectangle and use a pizza cutter to slice strips out of the rectangle. Roll each cut strip into a ball.
6. When all dumplings are ready, drop the dumplings into the boiling broth and cook for about 15 minutes.
7. Make sure the dove meat is cut into small enough pieces and add it back into the broth when the dumplings are cooked.
8. Top with parsley and serve!
Check out these other delicious, easy-to-prepare dove recipes from Maddie:
Learn more about Maddie at WildEatz.com. Be sure to check out her upcoming cookbook, “Quick, Easy Wild Game Recipes the Whole Family Will Love.”
Need wild game meat for a recipe you've been wanting to try? Check out GameKeeper Butchery. GameKeeper Butchery is dedicated to procuring the finest assortment and highest quality of specialty meats from the United States and around the world. Our commitment is to deliver the safest, freshest and most wholesome products.