- 20 dove breasts
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- About 2 cups of canola oil, for frying
1. Mix egg and milk together in a bowl. Put all dove breasts in milk mixture and leave in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to one hour, the longer the better!
2. Take the dove out of the refrigerator.
3. Combine all dry ingredients listed above in a bowl.
4. In a skillet or saucepan, heat up canola oil. You want about an inch of canola oil bubbling hot.
5. Dip each dove breast in the flour mixture and make sure it is evenly coated. I like to dip my dove breast in twice so they get extra crispy!
6. Put coated dove into the hot oil and cook for about 3-5 minutes on each side. The outside will start to look golden brown. At this point, you'll want to test one nugget to make sure the dove on the inside is cooked through before you take it out. It will continue cooking a little bit when it is outside the oil.
7. Repeat until all dove breasts are done.
8. Let cool and serve!
Check out these other delicious, easy-to-prepare dove recipes from Maddie:
Learn more about Maddie at WildEatz.com. Be sure to check out her upcoming cookbook, “Quick, Easy Wild Game Recipes the Whole Family Will Love.”
Need wild game meat for a recipe you've been wanting to try? Check out GameKeeper Butchery. GameKeeper Butchery is dedicated to procuring the finest assortment and highest quality of specialty meats from the United States and around the world. Our commitment is to deliver the safest, freshest and most wholesome products.