- 8 dove breasts, chopped in small pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Half a stick of butter
- ½ cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of chopped white onion
- ½ block of cream cheese
- 1 cup of fresh grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Once butter is melted add minced garlic and stir until fragrant. Then add in onions and cook until translucent.
2. Salt and pepper your chopped dove until evenly coated and add dove to the skillet. Cook until the dove is not pink, about 5 minutes.
3. Add in heavy whipping cream and mix together. Cut cream cheese into 1/4ths and add to the skillet. Allow cream cheese to melt while stirring.
4. Next, add in the parmesan cheese and stir. On top, sprinkle all your shredded sharp cheddar cheese on top.
5. Put in the oven and cook for about 15-20 minutes. Dip will thicken when you let it cool.
6. Serve with tortilla chips or your favorite crisp bread.
Check out these other delicious, easy-to-prepare dove recipes from Maddie:
Learn more about Maddie at WildEatz.com. Be sure to check out her upcoming cookbook, “Quick, Easy Wild Game Recipes the Whole Family Will Love.”
Need wild game meat for a recipe you've been wanting to try? Check out GameKeeper Butchery. GameKeeper Butchery is dedicated to procuring the finest assortment and highest quality of specialty meats from the United States and around the world. Our commitment is to deliver the safest, freshest and most wholesome products.