- 8 dove breasts
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup of buttermilk
- 1 cup of flour
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons of Paprika
- 3 cups of vegetable oil
- 1 bottle of Buffalo sauce
1. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. When it starts to smoke turn down to medium heat.
2. Mix flour, paprika, salt, and pepper all together in a shallow bowl.
3. Crack two eggs in a seperate bowl and add the buttermilk to it and whisk.
4. Use salt, pepper, and paprika to season the dove on both sides.
5. Fully coat the seasoned dove in flour mixture, then dip in egg mixture, and then back into flour mixture.
6. Carefully drop coated dove into hot oil with a slotted spoon. The dove should cook anywhere from 1-3 minutes. Remove when the batter is a golden brown.
7. Let the dove cool and drain for a few minutes on a paper towel. Once cooled, toss the dove in your favorite BBQ sauce and serve!
Check out these other delicious, easy-to-prepare dove recipes from Maddie:
Learn more about Maddie at WildEatz.com. Be sure to check out her upcoming cookbook, “Quick, Easy Wild Game Recipes the Whole Family Will Love.”
Need wild game meat for a recipe you've been wanting to try? Check out GameKeeper Butchery. GameKeeper Butchery is dedicated to procuring the finest assortment and highest quality of specialty meats from the United States and around the world. Our commitment is to deliver the safest, freshest and most wholesome products.