- 2 or 3 dove breasts, cut into small pieces
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 large basil leaves, chopped
- 3 large pieces thick cut bacon
- 5 tablespoons soft, herbed goat cheese
- 1 large baguette, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- Enough honey to drizzle over top
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Arrange cut baguettes on a baking sheet.
3. Drizzle olive oil on baguettes.
4. Crisp baguettes in oven for about 12-15 minutes or until they get golden brown.
5. While baguettes are crisping, heat about one tablespoon of olive oil in a small frying pan.
6. Add dove breast into pan and saute until there is no pink.
7. Take baguettes out of the oven and carefully spread the herb cheese on each baguette.
8. Neatly place halved tomatoes on the baguette, then dove and top with basil.
9. Drizzle honey on top.
Check out these other delicious, easy-to-prepare dove recipes from Maddie:
Learn more about Maddie at WildEatz.com. Be sure to check out her upcoming cookbook, “Quick, Easy Wild Game Recipes the Whole Family Will Love.”
Need wild game meat for a recipe you've been wanting to try? Check out GameKeeper Butchery. GameKeeper Butchery is dedicated to procuring the finest assortment and highest quality of specialty meats from the United States and around the world. Our commitment is to deliver the safest, freshest and most wholesome products.