This hearty wild game dip will be a hit at your next gathering.
- 1/2 lb of Gamekeeper Butchery Wild Boar Tasso Ham; Finely Diced
- 1 Wide French or Italian Loaf
- 1 Loaf of French Bread; Cut into Slices
- 2 Cups of Cheddar Cheese; Shredded
- 16 oz of Sour Cream
- 8 oz of Jalapeno Cream Cheese
- 2 Tbsp. Hot Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Onion Powder
- Spray Olive Oil
- 1 Cup of Shredded Cheese Medley
1. Begin by setting your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Next, take out a fry pan and set it to medium temperature on your stove top. Once the pan is heated, spray it with some olive oil and add in your diced tasso for 6-8 minutes or until the diced tasso has a good golden crust on the edges.
3. Once the tasso is done, add it to a bowl with the sour cream, cream cheese, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, and cheddar cheese and mix them together thoroughly.
4. Once the ingredients are thoroughly mixed, hollow out the loaf of French Bread and add your filling to the middle. Cover it with tin foil and then place it in the oven for 35 minutes.
5. After 35 minutes pass, remove the loaf from the oven and remove the tin foil as well. Turn the oven to broil and then top off with some cheese medley and extra tasso.
6. Place the loaf back in the oven uncovered for 10 minutes.
7. At this point, take a pan and add your Italian bread slices to the tray and lightly spray olive oil on both sides of the pieces. Add them into the oven and let them cook until golden brown; about 5 minutes a side on broil.
8. Finally, remove both your bread slices and the whole sin dip loaf and enjoy!
Need wild game meat for a recipe you've been wanting to try? Check out GameKeeper Butchery. GameKeeper Butchery is dedicated to procuring the finest assortment and highest quality of specialty meats from the United States and around the world. Our commitment is to deliver the safest, freshest and most wholesome products.