Never count out wild game for any dish. If you like to top your deviled eggs with bacon, you definitely want to try this Cajun deviled egg recipe with wild boar tasso ham.
Serving Size: 12 Deviled Eggs
- 6 Large Eggs
- 3 Tbsp. Duke's Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Old Style Mustard
- 1 Tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Green Onion; Thinly Sliced
- 1 Tbsp. Sweet Pickle Relish
- 1 Tsp. Tony's Cajun Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. Celery; Thinly Sliced
- 2 Tbsp. Bell Pepper; Thinly Sliced
- 1/3 Lb Gamekeeper Butchery Wild Boar Tasso; Thinly Sliced and Cubed
- Smoked Paprika (Garnish)
- Begin by filling a pot with warm water and setting it to boil on the stove top.
- Once the pot has reached a rolling boil, turn the heat down until its still hot but not bubbling. At this point add your eggs in and set a timer for 14 minutes.
- Once the 14 minutes have passed, immediately remove your eggs and add them into a bowl filled with ice water to stop the internal cooking of the eggs.
- After 2-3 minutes, remove your eggs and deshell them and slice them in half to remove the cooked yolks. Place your yolks in a bowl and set the egg whites aside on a platter.
- At this time take a plan and set it to medium heat. Take your thinly sliced and cubed tasso and add them to the pan and let the cook until they become crispy after 5-6 minutes.
- Once the tasso is cooked, add it to the yolks along with your green onions, mustard, Tony's seasoning, vinegar, celery, mayonnaise, bell pepper, and sweet pickle relish.
- Mix these ingredients together until a smooth texture is reached and then place the mixture back into the egg white cups.
- To plate this snack simply put your deviled eggs onto a serving platter and dust them with smoked paprika and enjoy!
Need wild game meat for a recipe you've been wanting to try? Check out GameKeeper Butchery. GameKeeper Butchery is dedicated to procuring the finest assortment and highest quality of specialty meats from the United States and around the world. Our commitment is to deliver the safest, freshest and most wholesome products.