The combination of Tasso ham and greens is solid alone, but with added white beans and spiced to perfection, it is the perfect one-pot meal. This hearty, flavorful soup feeds 4-6 as an entree, or 6-8 as an appetizer.
- 2lb of Tasso Ham (or other smoked pork product)
- 24oz of cooked white beans
- 24oz of chicken stock
- 3 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 Large yellow onion, diced
- 2 Cloves of garlic, minced
- 1lb of chopped kale (sub out spinach or collard greens)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup of finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Spiceology SPG (salt, pepper, garlic) blend
- 1/2 cup of chopped parsley
1. In a black iron pot add oil and Tasso Ham. Cook on medium heat to render and brown the ham, about 10 minutes.
2. Add onions and garlic, sweat into the rendered ham for about 5 minutes.
3. Add beans and chicken stock, bring up to a boil, and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes.
4. Add greens and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
5. Taste and season soup with Spiceology SPG. Add chopped parsley.
6. Remove soup from heat and serve in soup bowls. Generously garnish each bowl with grated parmesan cheese.
Need wild game meat for a recipe you've been wanting to try? Check out GameKeeper Butchery. GameKeeper Butchery is dedicated to procuring the finest assortment and highest quality of specialty meats from the United States and around the world. Our commitment is to deliver the safest, freshest and most wholesome products.