- 4 Elk Tomahawk Steaks
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs TX Rub
- 1/2 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Pineapple Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Whisky or Bourbon
- 1 teaspoon Dehydrated Garlic Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Dehydrated Onion Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
1. Drizzle Worcestershire sauce over elk tomahawks and rest for 10-15 minutes at room temperature.
2. In a small sauce pot over medium heat add pineapple, teriyaki, brown sugar, whiskey, onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Stir well to combine and bring to a slight boil. Adjust heat to simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until reduced by half. Allow glaze to cool in a small bowl and it will thicken more as it cools.
3. Season each steak with TX Rub on all sides and prepare charcoal grill for direct grilling at 500°F (any grill can be used just keep the cooking temperature the same).
4. Place each steak on the grill directly over coals and sear for 2 minutes each side. Brush with the whisky glaze during the last few minutes and remove the steaks as soon as the internal temperature reaches 125° internal for medium rare.
5. Once off the grill drizzle the steaks with remaining whiskey glaze and rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Need wild game meat for a recipe you've been wanting to try? Check out GameKeeper Butchery. GameKeeper Butchery is dedicated to procuring the finest assortment and highest quality of specialty meats from the United States and around the world. Our commitment is to deliver the safest, freshest and most wholesome products.