When you find a good salmon and trout recipe, it becomes your “go to” plan when cooking to impress people. An Asian-citrus marinade provides a burst of flavor without overpowering the fish. It is always important to let the delicate nature of any fish remain center stage in the taste category.
This recipe is ideal for a quick dinner at home or in the field. You can experiment with flavors by changing up the type of citrus juice used in the recipe. Lemon, lime, orange, blood orange, grapefruit, and even pineapple are great options for putting a unique twist on this dish.
The best part is you get to grill the fish, skin side down. In the backyard, campsite, or even on the back of the boat, this recipe is quick, easy, and leaves you wanting more.
- 1 to 2 lbs salmon or trout fillets
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar or maple syrup
- 2 limes, juiced (¼ cup of any citrus juice will work)
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Siracha sauce (optional)
1. Fillet fish to remove all bones and leave the skin attached. Place fillets in a sealable bag.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar or maple syrup, lime juice, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, and Siracha. Pour marinade over fish fillets and refrigerate for 30 to 60 minutes.
3. Remove fish from marinade and pat the skin side of the fillet dry. Spray the skin with vegetable oil or rub on with a paper towel.
4. Preheat your grill to 400 degrees and cook skin-side down for approximately 12 minutes. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness and size of fillets.
*Other cooking methods include:
1. Wrap fish in foil and place on hot coals or a grate over the fire.
2. Use a Camp Chef SmokePro to add a touch of smoke flavor to the fish as it is brought up to temperature. Start on Hi Smoke for 20 minutes and turn up to 275 degrees until fish flakes but is still moist.
For a more hearty meal, you can use salmon for a delicious fettuccine alfredo.
Need wild game meat for a recipe you've been wanting to try? Check out GameKeeper Butchery. GameKeeper Butchery is dedicated to procuring the finest assortment and highest quality of specialty meats from the United States and around the world. Our commitment is to deliver the safest, freshest and most wholesome products.