The buttery richness of a big king salmon creates bold flavors when grilled or smoked. The layers of fat render when heated translate into a palate-pleasing taste that makes the salmon king on any dinner plate.
A white, cheesy Alfredo sauce will pick up on the flavors of a salmon smoked with the wood from an alder or fruit tree. The combination is a family-pleasing dinner that is sure to have the whole clan begging to go fishing again next summer.
- ¼ cup salted butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 3 cups heavy cream
- ½ tsp white pepper
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 ½ cup smoked salmon, cut into ½-inch cubes
- Juice of half a lemon
- 16-ounce package fettuccine, cooked to package directions
- Chives for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat then add the olive oil.
- Stir in the garlic, onion, cream, and white pepper and bring the mixture to a slow simmer, stirring continuously.
- Slowly stir in the Parmesan cheese and simmer the sauce for 10 minutes, allowing the sauce to thicken.
- Slowly add the mozzarella cheese and stir until smooth.
- Gently stir in the cubed salmon, so it doesn’t break apart and add the lemon juice.
- Place freshly cooked fettuccine on a family-sized serving platter and pour the sauce over the top.
- Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and fresh chives.
Smoked salmon also makes a great appetizer. Turn it into a dip and enjoy those cucumbers from the garden.
Need wild game meat for a recipe you've been wanting to try? Check out GameKeeper Butchery. GameKeeper Butchery is dedicated to procuring the finest assortment and highest quality of specialty meats from the United States and around the world. Our commitment is to deliver the safest, freshest and most wholesome products.