Jeremiah Doughty | From Field to Plate
- 8-10 dove breasts
- 1.5 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 5 jalapeños, sliced (1 chopped fine)
- ½ red onion, sliced
- ½ cup cilantro, rough chopped
- 1/2-pound bacon
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup milk
- 5 garlic cloves, minced (1 sliced thin)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp cracked pepper
- 2 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- Pizza dough, homemade or store bought
INGREDIENT WILD | DOVE NUGGETS RECIPE
1. Start by preheating your grill or smoker, add jalapeños and bacon, cooking until done. Once done, remove from grill and chop bacon and slice jalapeños.
2. While bacon and jalapeños are cooking, slice dove breasts off breastbone. In a skillet. add 1 clove of garlic along with 1 tbsp of oil, sauté until garlic is fragrant, careful not to burn, add dove breasts, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder and 1 tsp cracked pepper. Sauté 2-3 minutes.
3. Remove dove and rough chop, set aside.
4. Start on the cream cheese sauce. Over medium heat, in same skillet you cooked dove, add remaining oil, chopped jalapenos and garlic, sauté 30 seconds, add cream cheese, pepper and milk. Whisk until cream cheese is fully mixed in and smooth. Sauce will naturally thicken with the cream cheese.
5. Take your dough and lay it on a piece of parchment paper, add sauce and cheeses followed by the bacon, jalapeños, sliced garlic, onions, cilantro and chopped doves.
6. Place pizza on grill and cook until dough is crispy and cheese is melted. Remove, slice, and enjoy.
Need wild game meat for a recipe you've been wanting to try? Check out GameKeeper Butchery. GameKeeper Butchery is dedicated to procuring the finest assortment and highest quality of specialty meats from the United States and around the world. Our commitment is to deliver the safest, freshest and most wholesome products.