Jeremiah Doughty | From Field to Plate
One of the most enjoyable and rewarding steps of barbecuing is making your own BBQ sauce. Do you prefer a sweeter sauce or one with more vinegar? This recipe takes your traditional BBQ sauce but adds additional flavor with coffee and bourbon!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup all-natural ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup favorite BRCC brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
- In sauce pan, bring bourbon to boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. This will burn off the alcohol and leave the flavor.
- Add remaining ingredients, whisk together, bring back to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, cooking 30-40 minutes, stirring frequently so not to burn.
- Once sauce has reduced, remove from heat and chill.
- Sauce will keep in fridge for a week, but I doubt it will last that long.
Need wild game meat for a recipe you've been wanting to try? Check out GameKeeper Butchery. GameKeeper Butchery is dedicated to procuring the finest assortment and highest quality of specialty meats from the United States and around the world. Our commitment is to deliver the safest, freshest and most wholesome products.