Jeremiah Doughty | From Field to Plate
One of the most enjoyable and rewarding steps of barbecuing is making your own BBQ sauce. Do you prefer a sweeter sauce or one with more vinegar? This recipe takes your traditional BBQ sauce but adds additional flavor with coffee and bourbon!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup all-natural ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup favorite BRCC brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
- In sauce pan, bring bourbon to boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. This will burn off the alcohol and leave the flavor.
- Add remaining ingredients, whisk together, bring back to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, cooking 30-40 minutes, stirring frequently so not to burn.
- Once sauce has reduced, remove from heat and chill.
- Sauce will keep in fridge for a week, but I doubt it will last that long.