This Asian-style appetizer or meal is made even better with wild game meat. The crispness of the cool iceburg lettuce mixed with the warm flavors of the meat filling will melt in your mouth and satisfy your taste buds.
- 1 lb ground game bird
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ head iceberg lettuce, cut into half
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and heat until oil is very hot. Add ground bird and cook until no longer pink and starts to brown, break it up with a wooden spoon as necessary. Should take about 3 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, ginger, garlic, peppers, coleslaw mix, and stir-fry for another 3 minutes. Add hoisin sauce and green onions, and toss. Transfer cooked mixture to a bowl.
- Serve by placing spoonfuls of mixture into pieces of lettuce, fold lettuce over like small tacos, and eat.
- Top with homemade teriyaki sauce
Need wild game meat for a recipe you've been wanting to try? Check out GameKeeper Butchery. GameKeeper Butchery is dedicated to procuring the finest assortment and highest quality of specialty meats from the United States and around the world. Our commitment is to deliver the safest, freshest and most wholesome products.