This simple, no-fuss Caesar salad recipe paired with perfectly prepared venison steak is the perfect low-carb but filling dish for any occasion.
- Caesar Dressing
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon
- 2 Tbsp. Bourbon Barrel Aged Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tin of Anchovies
- 1/2 Cup of Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 2 Tbsp. Capers
- Steak & Salad
- 1 Head of Romaine Lettuce; Halved
- Parmesan Cheese; Shaved
- 2 Gamekeeper Butchery Venison Medallions
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- This is a real simple recipe; begin by adding your anchovies, dijon, garlic, capers, egg yolk, and Worcestershire sauce into a blender or food processor and blend the ingredients into a paste. I made mine not as fine in order to add some texture to my sauce, but that decision is up to you.
- Next, as the blender is running slowly pour in your olive oil until the consistency you desire is reached.
- Next, take your steak and salt and pepper both sides and then cook it in a pan or grill until the desired doneness is reached.
- Finally, take your romaine lettuce half and place it on a plate and drizzle your sauce on top and finish it with some shaved or shredded Parmesan. Plate your steak on top of the salad or to the side and enjoy!
Need wild game meat for a recipe you've been wanting to try? Check out GameKeeper Butchery. GameKeeper Butchery is dedicated to procuring the finest assortment and highest quality of specialty meats from the United States and around the world. Our commitment is to deliver the safest, freshest and most wholesome products.