Jeremiah Doughty | From Field to Plate
Here's a wild game spin on cheese dip. Venison chorizo will really spice up this queso that's always an appetizer hit.
- 1 pound ground venison
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cracked pepper
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 block melted cheese (like Velveeta)
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese
- 1 can rotel tomatoes, drained
- 1 can green chilies
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic minced
Cilantro, red onions, tomatoes and garlic
1. In large bowl, mix your ground venison with all seasonings. Set aside for 20 minutes and allow the meat to get tacky with the seasonings.
2. In large skillet over medium heat, add your venison along with oil and brown.
3. Add your rotel tomatoes, garlic, green chilies, and cilantro. Cook 2-4 minutes until nice and bubbly.
4. Add your melting cheese, milk and chili powder, cook until cheese is melted and hot
5. Remove from heat and mix in pepper jack cheese.
6. Top with topping and serve immediately alongside chips or bread.
7. You can also do this whole thing in a slow cooker and serve it in the cooker to keep warm.
Need wild game meat for a recipe you've been wanting to try? Check out GameKeeper Butchery. GameKeeper Butchery is dedicated to procuring the finest assortment and highest quality of specialty meats from the United States and around the world. Our commitment is to deliver the safest, freshest and most wholesome products.