Jeremiah Doughty | From Field To Plate
Smoke your trout catch for this creamy, spicy smoked trout dip.
- 2-3 whole trout gutted
- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp cracked pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 jalapenos
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ white onion
- 1 tbsp chives, diced
- 1 tsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
1. Preheat smoker or grill to 325º.
2. Rinse trout and pat dry, season inside with garlic powder, onion powder and salt and place directly on grill grates.
3. Add jalapenos, garlic, and onion to grill also.
4. Cook 15-20 minutes until trout skin pulls easily from meat.
5. Remove trout and veggies from grill, set aside.
6. In glass bowl combine cream cheese, pepper, paprika, chives and dill. Slice, and dice jalapenos, (adding seeds if you want more of a kick) onions, and garlic mixing until fully combined.
7. Pull back trout skin and remove meat. If you push up on the top part of the meat, it will pull away from the bones; if you push down on the lower section of meat it will pull away from the bones.
8. Fold in trout and chill 30 minutes before serving. Serve alongside crackers, chips, or my favorite sliced toasted baguettes.
Need wild game meat for a recipe you've been wanting to try? Check out GameKeeper Butchery. GameKeeper Butchery is dedicated to procuring the finest assortment and highest quality of specialty meats from the United States and around the world. Our commitment is to deliver the safest, freshest and most wholesome products.