Jeremiah Doughty | From Field to Plate
This trout recipe requires few ingredients and is easy to prepare. But don't think because this is an easy trout recipe that it's not very good. Nothing goes better with fish than lots of butter. Watch how it's made and enjoy!
- 2 Trout fillets, skin on
- 2 lemons, sliced thin
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Over medium high heat melt butter
- Add rosemary, thyme and lemon slices
- Place trout skin side down, basting with butter for 1 min
- Add olive oil, continue basting 5-6 minutes until trout is flaky
- Remove from heat, let rest 5 minutes
- Plate trout, drizzle with pan browned butter and top with lemons.