It's hard to beat a good venison chili. Have you tried cooking chili over fire? Here's a recipe and an experience you won't want to miss from the Duck Camp Dinners crew.
- 2lbs ground venison
- 1 lb of bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion , small diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bunch of green onions, sliced
- 3 cups of stock
- 2 cups of tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup of creole tomato, green onion blend from Chef Jean-Paul X Spiceology
- 4 ounces Makers Mark Bourbon
- Salt and pepper
- In a black iron pan, render bacon until it gets crisp.
- Add ground venison, onion, garlic, and green onion. Cook ingredients together until meat is brown.
- Add creole tomato and green onion blend and stir into the meat mixture over medium heat until thoroughly incorporated. Cook for 5 minutes to “toast” the spice blend.
- Add Makers Mark bourbon and cook until the fire (alcohol) burns out.
- Add stock and tomato sauce.
- Bring chili to boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with cheddar cheese, grilled tortillas, avocado and sour cream.
Need wild game meat for a recipe you've been wanting to try? Check out GameKeeper Butchery. GameKeeper Butchery is dedicated to procuring the finest assortment and highest quality of specialty meats from the United States and around the world. Our commitment is to deliver the safest, freshest and most wholesome products.