Malcom Reed | How To BBQ Right
There are different methods for cooking ribs. Many require a lot of time and different steps. These wild boar ribs take about 3 hours, which means it's not an all-day process and the outcome is flavorful and saucy.
• 2 racks Wild Boar St. Louis-Style Spare Ribs
• 1/4 cup Yellow Mustard
• 2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs AP Seasoning
• 1/4 cup Killer Hogs The BBQ Rub
• 2 Tablespoons Honey
• 1/2 cup Apple Juice
• 1 cup Killer Hogs The BBQ Sauce
1. Prepare smoker for indirect cooking at 275F.
2. Apply mustard to both sides of ribs and season with AP Seasoning and The BBQ Rub.
3. Place ribs on smoker and cook for 2 hours.
4. Wrap ribs in aluminum foil - add a drizzle of honey on each side and 2oz of apple juice to each wrap.
5. Place ribs back on the pit meat side down for 45 min to 1 hour.
6. Remove ribs from rack and brush each side with The BBQ Sauce. Return to the smoker and glaze the ribs for 15-20 min.
7. Rest the ribs for 10 min then cut into 2 bone sections. Brush each portion with additional sauce and serve.
Need wild game meat for a recipe you've been wanting to try? Check out GameKeeper Butchery. GameKeeper Butchery is dedicated to procuring the finest assortment and highest quality of specialty meats from the United States and around the world. Our commitment is to deliver the safest, freshest and most wholesome products.