This recipe is in the style of Asian beef and broccoli. After marinating your deer meat for at least 30 minutes, this is a quick and easy meal with great Asian flavor.
- 1 pound venison, thinly sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 green onions
- 1 tablespoon peanut or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cups brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Slice venison as thin as you can.
- In glass bowl mix ¼ cup soy sauce, 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce and 3 tablespoons cornstarch until smooth, add venison to mixture and coat completely. Place in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- In wok or large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat, add meat and brown for 2-3 minutes. Next add garlic and ginger and cook for additional 1 minute.
- Add remaining sauce ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add broccoli and green onions, tossing to coat with sauce, and finish cooking until broccoli is soft, around 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve alongside rice and top with toasted sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
Only have ground venison? Try this tasty Gameburger Helper recipe!