Have you ever looked at the clock and thought, “oh no, what will I fix for dinner?” When that happens, it is nice to have an easy, quick recipe to fall back on, and this is my go-to recipe when such an instance occurs. It’s easy to get bored with the same meal plans repeatedly, but it’s simple to spice things up by adding wild game to the mix.
Sometimes it’s not always easy to “turn off” the workday when you arrive home, but there is something special that happens when you turn on a Traeger grill. The bustle of the day seems to fade and is replaced with anticipation for the meal about to evolve.
- 3 Bell Peppers
- 1 Pound Ground Elk
- 1 Cup Cooked White Rice
- 1/2 Cup Whole Kernel Corn
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Onions
- Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- Diced Green Onions
- Melted Queso
How To Cook:
- Preheat Traeger grill to 325 degrees using Traeger Mesquite Wood Pellets.
- Hollow out bell peppers and wash.
- While grill preheats, brown elk burger in a pan on the stovetop.
- Add diced onions to the burger and cook until onions are translucent.
- After browning, mix in cooked rice and corn.
- Stuff empty bell peppers with the burger, rice, and corn mixture.
- Place directly onto grates in the smoker.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until peppers is slightly soft.
- Top each pepper with colby jack cheese and allow it to melt.
- Remove from grill.
- Before serving, add white queso to the top of the bell pepper and finish by garnishing with green onions.
Need wild game meat for a recipe you've been wanting to try? Check out GameKeeper Butchery. GameKeeper Butchery is dedicated to procuring the finest assortment and highest quality of specialty meats from the United States and around the world. Our commitment is to deliver the safest, freshest and most wholesome products.