This is hands-down the easiest venison recipe we have available. PLUS kids love these and they're quick to whip up in a camp setting.
Easy Venison Recipe: Bucks-in-a-Blanket
- 1 x 4 Pack of Gamekeeper Butchery Classic Venison Sausage; Decased
- 2 Puff Pastry Sheets
- Honey Mustard
1. Begin by decasing your venison sausage and then combining all of the sausage into one bowl.
2. Next, take a spoon full of sausage and lay it into the pastry and continue this pattern across the entire pastry sheet. Evenly space each sausage as you will be cutting around them in the next step.
3. Next cut out a square around each individual spoon full of sausage and then hand roll the pastry dough until it full encases the sausage ball.
4. Lay all the “Bucks in a Blanket” into a pan and bake them at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until golden brown. (Roughly 20 minutes)
5. Once they have cooled down, dip them in honey mustard and enjoy!