Where do odors come from?
Identifying the three sources of odor will help you fight odor in the field. Managing your scent is one of the most important factors to successful deer hunting. ScentLok is a leader in the outdoors industry for helping hunters fight scent. Complete odor management starts with understanding where odors come from. Bacterial odor comes off your skin, usually in the places that get the hottest. Metabolic odors come from the food you eat that will come out of your pores. Ambient odor is picked up from scents in the air that will attach themselves to you. Fight these odors and become a better deer hunter.
How can we combat odors?
Managing your scent is one of the most important factors to successful deer hunting. ScentLok is a leader in the outdoors industry for helping hunters fight scent. Combatting odors includes preventative, containment, sorption, destruction and masking. Antimicrobials like silver prohibit the growth of microorganisms. Carbon absorbs odor molecules. Trapping odors keeps them confined and prevents them from being noticed. Ozone based technologies destroy odor by breaking it apart. Masking is using cover scent sprays that most hunters use in the field. These 5 components are the best way to combat odors. ScentLok has a solution for combating the odors that could make or break your deer hunt.
Follow these seven steps for in-the-field success:
- Shower before you head out with scent-free soap.
- Dress with scent-controlling clothing from ScentLok.
- Don’t forget to cover your head that is cooling and helps cut down odors.
- Spray down to control ambient odors.
- Store your hunting clothing and gear to keep scent away.
- Reactivate your ScentLok gear in the dryer to keep them effective.
- Maintain your practices for keeping your scent at bay. Fight your odor by being consistent with your odor-control routine, and wash only when visibly dirty.