1. If you had to recommend one book to anyone, what would it be?
After reading textbooks throughout college, I got most of my reading out of the way. It took its toll on me. If I do, I pick up Bassmaster Magazine or Bass Times to see what’s new in the fishing world.
2. When you think of the word successful, who is the first person that comes to mind and why?
My Dad. For sure. He is by far the most hardworking, caring person in my life. He is a veterinarian and built his business up from pretty much nothing.
3. What is something you believe that other people think is insane?
I honestly can’t think of anything along these lines.
4. What is the worst advice you hear being dispensed in today’s world?
I’m not sure about bad advice, but the best advice I can give anyone is to get their education. Go to college and get your degree.
5. What are some common misconceptions about you?
Well, from a fishing standpoint, everyone thinks that professional fisherman can go out and bass will jump in the boat. That’s not the case and we have bad days on the water as well. When you’re dealing with nature, nothing is predicable.
6. Who has been the biggest mentor/supporter of your life?
Probably my parents. They have always been there for me through the good and bad.
7. Do you have a quote you live your life by or think of often?
It’s not really a quote, but I always tell myself you have to put in the work to have a chance to succeed. Success isn’t given to you.
8. If you could relive a moment, what would it be?
The Bassmaster Classic. What a dream come true winning that event in 2017. It’s a tournament that every kid or adult who fishes wants to win. It was one of the best feelings.*
9. What is one thing you have done in your career that has led to your success?
Just staying dedicated to the sport of bass fishing. I was all in at a young age and it’s something I truly love to do. I committed a lot of time growing up doing it to hopefully one day get my shot as a professional.
*Jordan Lee also won the 2018 Bassmaster Classic, joining the likes of Rick Clunn and Mossy Fishing Team Leader, Kevin VanDam to have won back-to-back Classic titles in the entire history of the event.