Jeremiah Doughty | From Field to Plate
These aren't just wild game meatballs, these are wild game BACON BOMBS. If you need an appetizer to take to a party or a protein for your meal that anybody will eat, these are easy and delicious. You can make these with any ground meat, but if you need to make room for more venison in the deep freeze, this is a great way to use it.
- 1 pound ground wild game
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp cracked pepper
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika + 1 tbsp for sprinkle on bacon
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 large egg
- 1 pound of bacon strips cut in half
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
1. Preheat grill, smoker or oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients minus the bacon and BBQ sauce. Once combined, roll into 1-inch round meatballs.
3. Wrap each meatball in bacon, and sprinkle with paprika.
4. Place on grill and brush with BBQ sauce. Cook 5-10 minutes or until bacon is crispy and meatball reads 155 degrees.
5. Remove from heat and brush with BBQ sauce again.
These are the perfect grab and go finger food, better than any popper!
Need wild game meat for a recipe you've been wanting to try? Check out GameKeeper Butchery. GameKeeper Butchery is dedicated to procuring the finest assortment and highest quality of specialty meats from the United States and around the world. Our commitment is to deliver the safest, freshest and most wholesome products.