Try these flavorful wild game fajitas using venison from Gamekeeper Butchery. If you have venison steaks on hand, give this recipe a try.
Venison Steak Fajitas
- 2 Gamekeeper Butchery Venison Medallions; Sliced
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper; Sliced
- 1/2 Orange Bell Pepper; Sliced
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper; Sliced
- 1/2 Yellow bell Pepper; Sliced
- 1 White Onion; Sliced
- Flour Tortillas
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tbsp. Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Dark Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Black Peppercorn
- 1/2 Bunch of Cilantro; Loosely Chopped
- 2 Oranges; Juiced
- 2 Limes; Juiced
- 1 Cup of Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. Cumin
- Begin by combining your fajita marinade ingredients in a zip-lock bag and marinating your steak strips in the marinade for 6-24 hours.
- Next, take your pan and set it to high heat and add about 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan.
- Add your vegetables to the pan and let them cook on high for 3-4 minutes so that they begin to become tender and gain a nice char on their edges.
- Next, remove the vegetables and allow the pan to increase its temperature once again to high and add your steak strips to the pan and let them cook quickly for 4-5 minutes.
- You want to steer your steak strips to ensure that the internal meat is medium-rare in doneness.
- Finally, add your vegetables back into the pan with the steak and bring the temperature to low and enjoy with some warm tortillas!
Need wild game meat for a recipe you've been wanting to try? Check out GameKeeper Butchery. GameKeeper Butchery is dedicated to procuring the finest assortment and highest quality of specialty meats from the United States and around the world. Our commitment is to deliver the safest, freshest and most wholesome products.