Jeremiah Doughty | From Field to Plate
This is a quick, easy and incredibly tasting Philly Cheesesteak recipe using smoked venison.
- 1/2 lb smoked venison (smoked at 120 degrees)
- 2 green bell peppers cut in strips
- 1 yellow or white onion cut in strips
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1-2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 stick of melted butter
1. Heat oil on your cooktop or pan.
2. Place cut up onions in oil, garlic on top of onions and bell peppers to caramelize and soften.
3. While that is cooking, use melted butter to butter hoagie rolls and place them on the griddle butter side down to toast.
4. Use butter to grease cooktop or pan, and add the meat to begin browning, adding Worcestershire sauce to flavor.
5. When the meat is nearly browned, fold in vegetables and let cook together until meat is fully cooked.
6. Add the cheese of your choice on top of the meat mixture and let it melt.
7. Add meat to the hoagies and serve up hot.