Jeremiah Doughty | From Field to Plate
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dry rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme
1. Trim heart of fat cap, open heart and trim all vents and fibers. Slice into thin strips
2. Combine all marinade ingredients into glass bowl or mason jar.
3. Add sliced heart and mix to combine. Place in fridge for 8-24 hours.
4. Smoke at 180 degrees until dried, but still able to bend without breaking. Remove from smoker and place in Ziploc bag. Place in fridge for 1 hour.
5. Enjoy. Store in fridge to keep fresher longer, or freeze.
Need wild game meat for a recipe you've been wanting to try? Check out GameKeeper Butchery. GameKeeper Butchery is dedicated to procuring the finest assortment and highest quality of specialty meats from the United States and around the world. Our commitment is to deliver the safest, freshest and most wholesome products.