Stacy Harris | www.gameandgarden.com
There is nothing as flavorful as wild turkey with herb vinaigrette. The tank of the Balsamic vinegar and earthiness of the herbs paired with the buttery, tender goodness of the turkey just melts in your mouth and leaves you craving more. This is one dish that is deliciously unforgettable!
I hope this recipe will make all those early 4 a.m. mornings worth it. Whether you got a jake or a big ole tom, this recipe will satisfy your hunger and feed your hunting addiction.
You can find this in my cookbook, "Recipes and Tips for Sustainable Living," and you can find more recipes like this one on gameandgarden.com.
Turkey Cutlets with Greens Ingredients:
- 1 turkey breast
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 tbsp olive oil for frying (divided)
- 4 tbsp butter (divided)
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup herb vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
Balsamic Herb Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 cup olive oil
- Cut turkey breast into 3/4-inch pieces. Pound to 1/4-inch thick with a meat mallet.
- On a large plate, mix flour, salt and pepper. On a second plate, beat eggs and water together. On a third plate, place breadcrumbs. Dredge dry, pounded turkey breast pieces into seasoned flour mix, then egg mixture, then breadcrumbs.
- In a hot saute pan, melt butter and oil. When sizzling, place turkey in pan and brown for about 2 minutes per side. Cook in batches. Do not crowd the pan. Transfer to a platter to keep warm.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix greens with 1/4 cup vinaigrette. Divide salad among 4 plates. Place a piece of fried turkey on top of greens. Garnish with fresh parsley and drizzle extra vinaigrette as desired.