This one-pot squirrel dumplings recipe is easy and delicious. A filling and satisfying dish, these dumplings really hit the spot!
- 5-6 Squirrels quartered
- 1 medium onion
- 3-4 stalks of celery
- 3 32oz cartons of chicken broth
- 1 16oz can of biscuits
- Garlic powder
WILD TURKEY AND BUTTERMILK DUMPLINGS
1. Dust the squirrels in seasoned flour (salt, pepper, garlic powder).
2. Sauté the squirrels until browned and remove.
3. Add diced onion and celery and sauté until translucent.
4. Deglaze the pot with chicken stock and add the squirrels back to the pot and season with salt, pepper and thyme. Add enough stock to the pot to almost cover the squirrel.
5. Next, pressure cook on high for 30 minutes.
6. Roll biscuits out as flat as possible and cut them into 1-inch pieces.
7. Once the pressure cooking is done, remove the squirrels and pull the meat off the bones.
8. Add remaining stock and bring the pot back to a boil.
9. Add biscuit dumplings and meat and simmer until the dumplings are cooked through.
Need wild game meat for a recipe you've been wanting to try? Check out GameKeeper Butchery. GameKeeper Butchery is dedicated to procuring the finest assortment and highest quality of specialty meats from the United States and around the world. Our commitment is to deliver the safest, freshest and most wholesome products.