Jeremiah Doughty | From Field To Plate
When I think of the holidays, I think of sitting around the table with friends and family. Some of my favorite holiday memories are surround by food, or time spent in the kitchen. I have some favorite holiday dishes that are sure to please even the pickiest of the family members this season. We enjoy dishes from a delicious wild turkey recipe with a beautiful blackberry orange glaze, to a savory cornbread and sage stuffing. Make sure you don’t forget everyone’s favorite drunken apple pie, layered with the warm taste of bourbon.
So grab your apron and enjoy a taste of the holidays.
- 1 cup orange juice
- ¼ brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup black berries
- 1 tbsp dried mustard
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp all spice
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- Turkey breast
- Olive oil
1. Preheat smoker, grill or oven to 375 degrees.
2. In small bowl, mix all dried ingredients minus the brown sugar. Lightly oil the turkey breast and rub spice mixture on both sides.
3. Place on grill rack or in oven safe baking dish, place in oven or grill
4. While turkey is cooking, work on your glaze. In a small pan, bring to boil your orange juice. Add your blackberries, honey, and cook until over medium until they break down. Add brown sugar until melted and set aside.
5. Flip the breast and baste with the glaze; baste every 10 minutes until the internal temp of breast reaches 155 degrees internal temp.
6. Remove from heat and allow to rest 5 minutes before slicing into it.
7. Serve and enjoy the sticky goodness that is the holiday spiced turkey breast
Need wild game meat for a recipe you've been wanting to try? Check out GameKeeper Butchery. GameKeeper Butchery is dedicated to procuring the finest assortment and highest quality of specialty meats from the United States and around the world. Our commitment is to deliver the safest, freshest and most wholesome products.