Malcom Reed | How To BBQ Right
Chef Malcom Reed used bison ribeyes from Gamekeeper Butchery to create these garlic herb steaks cooked to perfection.
- 2 Bison Ribeye Steaks
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs AP Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons Killer Hogs Hot Rub
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 sprig Fresh Rosemary chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley finely chopped
1. Prepare charcoal grill or for direct cooking at 500°F (any grill can be used).
2. Drizzle Worcestershire sauce on both sides of ribeyes and let sit for 10 minutes.
3. Season each steak with AP Seasoning followed by Hot Rub on both sides.
4. In a sauté pan, melt butter over med low heat and add garlic and herbs. Cook for 3-4 minutes - just until garlic is fragrant but not brown. Remove from heat and pour into small bowl for basting.
5. Grill steaks directly over the hot coals for 2 minutes each side or until internal temperature reaches 125°F for medium rare. Baste the steaks with the garlic herb butter during the last few minutes of grilling.
6. Remove steaks from grill and baste with remaining butter. Rest the steaks for 5-7 minutes before serving.
Need wild game meat for a recipe you've been wanting to try? Check out GameKeeper Butchery. GameKeeper Butchery is dedicated to procuring the finest assortment and highest quality of specialty meats from the United States and around the world. Our commitment is to deliver the safest, freshest and most wholesome products.