Rabbit meat is one of nature’s best delicacies. Eat good and eat right with this killer recipe from The BBQ Ninja.
The BBQ Ninja has been smoking and grilling wild game for 25 years. From wild boar recipes to braised rabbit, he’s got recipes for every (legal) wild animal you may have. He owns and operates Royal Oak Charcoal, so you know his food is cooked right.
Follow along and look for more recipes that feature The BBQ Ninja.
Beer Braised Rabbit with Garlic
- 1 whole rabbit
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 whole garlic pod separated into cloves and peeled
- 1/3 cup of white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp of Killer Hogs Rub
- 1 can of beer
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- ½ cup of chopped parsley
1. Cut rabbit into sections. Legs and quarter it down the back.
2. Rub rabbit and sear over direct Royal Oak charcoal.
3. Place rabbit in Dutch Oven with onion, garlic, wine vinegar, beer and broth.
4. Put on to smoker at 350 and cook until the rabbit is fork tender. 1-2 hours or at 160 degrees internal temp. Cook time depends on the size of the rabbit.
5. Serve over white rice or wild rice.
Need wild game meat for a recipe you've been wanting to try? Check out GameKeeper Butchery. GameKeeper Butchery is dedicated to procuring the finest assortment and highest quality of specialty meats from the United States and around the world. Our commitment is to deliver the safest, freshest and most wholesome products.