Jeremiah Doughty | From Field to Plate
This burger recipe puts your favorite fast food burger to shame, and this special sauce is no secret. Using wild game meat puts it over the top.
- 2 pounds ground wild game meat
- 2 Tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1/2 Tbsp cracked pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 2 Tbsp sweet pickle relish
- 2 tsp finely diced onion
- 1/4 tsp finely minced garlic
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt plus more to taste
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- Cheddar or American cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- White onions, diced
- In large glass bowl, mix game meat along with all other ingredients.
- Take a baseball-size handful of meat mixture and roll into ball. On a piece of parchment paper toss ball down, press down on the ball and with other hand follow along the sides to form a perfect patty. Continue this until all patties have been formed. Place all patties in fridge for 30 minutes before cooking. This is key.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Place the burgers on the grill and don’t touch! Once they’ve cooked for 5 minutes flip once. ONCE.
- The cheese is melted to the two bottom buns in the recipe, so when your burgers are almost done, toast your bottom bun with a slice of cheese and finish along with the burgers. You can do this on a baking sheet, if you don’t want over crispy buns.
- Now we layer: bottom cheese bun, special sauce, pickles, onions, lettuce, burger patty, bottom bun, special sauce, pickles, onion, lettuce, burger, sauce and top bun