Jeremiah Doughty | From Field to Plate
The pulled duck in these duck sliders is moist and delicious on its own. Pair it with a blackberry barbecue sauce and it really ramps up the flavor.
- 2 pounds duck legs and thighs (or use 4-6 breasts)
- 1 red onion, half sliced into rings, the other half diced
- 1 cup broth, venison, beef, veggie, or chicken
- ½ cup water or beer
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp dried or fresh ginger
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
Blackberry BBQ sauce:
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1 cup chicken or duck broth
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp dry mustard powder
- Pinch salt
- Pinch garlic powder
In slow cooker or Dutch oven add all duck ingredients and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat fall off the bone. Remove and shred.
1. Add chicken stock and blackberries to a saucepan, bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until black berries start to break down.
2. Once berries start to break down, began to mash them and cook 7-8 minutes, stirring often and mashing as you stir.
3. Pour everything into a blender and blend until smooth, strain through a fine mesh strainer over saucepan, discard the mash, save the sauce
4. Add renaming ingredients (minus the sliced red onion) to saucepan, bring to back to boil, reduce heat and simmer until sauce hold to the back of a metal spoon.
5. Remove from heat and let cool.
1. Toast your favorite rolls or buns.
2. Place the sliced red onions.
3. Top with shredded duck meat.
4. Drizzle with BBQ sauce and top with bun.
5. And enjoy!
Need wild game meat for a recipe you've been wanting to try? Check out GameKeeper Butchery. GameKeeper Butchery is dedicated to procuring the finest assortment and highest quality of specialty meats from the United States and around the world. Our commitment is to deliver the safest, freshest and most wholesome products.